Thursday, September 11, 2008

King Phillip Came Over For Good Spaghetti

Or,
Kingdom
Phylum

Class

Order

Family

Genus & Species


Yes, I have memorized these. I finished my
PowerPoint on a moose, and I have to do something related to science. So, I decided to do a blog post on the scientific names of things. This King Phillip thing is an acronym. An acronym is when you use the first initial of every word to make something like NASA or PETA.


K

P

C
O
F
G
S


Then we add in words to help us remember the whole thing. So we end up with:

King

Phillip

Came
Over
For
Good
Spaghetti

or

Kindly

Pass
Claudia
Oreos
For
Goodness

Sake





The Scientific Moose: (All info came from Searchasuarus)
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Artiadactyla
Genus & Species: Alces alces

No comments: